Ukraine is definitely a destination to be discovered. It is the largest country in Europe with 0.41% of the world’s territory and 0.85% of the world’s population. It borders the Russian Federation, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova, with the Black Sea and Sea of Azov to the south. Ukraine is a place with fabulous nature, architectural landmarks and golden-domed churches. It is on the crossroads between Central and Eastern Europe, between the north and south. It has mountain ranges – the Carpathian mountains are good for skiing, hiking, fishing and hunting. The coastline on the Black Sea is a popular summer destination for vacationers. Location: Central-Eastern Europe, part of the East-European plain, between 44”20′ and 52”20′ N and 22”5′ and 41”15’E. Area: 603 700 km2 Climate: moderately continental. Average winter temperature is from -8° to -12° C (from +17.6° F to +3° F). In the Southern regions average winter temperature is 0° C (+32° F). Average summer temperature is from +18° to +25° C (from +64.4° F to +77° F), although maximum temperature can be more than +35°C (+95° F). Best time to visit Ukraine: summer, late spring and early autumn. Internet top-level domain: UA International phone code: +380
Why study in Ukraine
- Quality Education
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, UK, USA, Asia, Africa)
- Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB(UK), USMLE(USA), throughout EU and Various International Organization
- No IELTS or TOEFL required
- Worldwide Acceptance of Ukrainian Method of Teaching
- English Medium of Instruction
- Enrichment of Experience through Visiting Professors from USA , CANADA , UK , etc.
- Participation of Students in Seminars/Symposia/Project Work, etc. in other European cities
- Bilateral Student Exchange Program with Universities in Germany , Sweden , Finland , Chech Republic , etc.
- New Year 1st of January
- Orthodox Christmas 7th of January
- International Women Day 8th of March
- Orthodox Easter
- Labor Day 1st of May
- Victory Day 9th of May
- Trinity Sunday
- Constitution Day 28th of June
- Day of Independence 24th of August
Most of the State Universities provide free medical service in students’ hospitals. Students can also go to state and private hospitals, where medical service is to be paid. Service of the ambulance is free.
Climate is mostly continental. The average temperature in January is -5 — 1C, in November +10C, in July +30-35C.
The international airport of Borispol is the air gate of the country, 36 km from Kiev. To get from the airport to Kiev you can take a taxi, shuttle-bus, bus. Besides Borispol airport you can take international flights from Simferopol, Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk. International railway connections are with Bulgaria, Czech, Slovak, Germany and Poland. International bus routes are from Poland, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Germany. Ukraine has a well developed transportation system. So there will no problems to get to any part of the country. You can travel all over the country by train or bus. The fare for distance 500 km is about US$12-15. For air travel within the country you can buy tickets from the local companies. Flight cost at distance 500 km is about US$70. Local transport includes buses, trolleybuses, trams, taxis. The fare is US$0.15. You can buy tickets from the conductor or in yellow kiosks at stops. The fare for taxi is US$1.5 + US$0.20 per 1 km. In Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk you can take SUBWAY, paying at the entrance a ticket of US$0.12 (without time and destination limits).
Ukraine is a big agricultural country with different cooking traditions. Different food can be bought in shops, supermarkets, agricultural markets. Cafeterias, restaurants and fast food restaurants propose different cuisine.
Number of international students in Ukraine by country of origin:
- Azerbaijan (10313)
- Turkmenistan (9806)
- India (6138)
- Nigeria (3596)
- Morocco (3427)
- Georgia (2860)
- Jordan (2519)
- Iraq (2458)
- China (2084)
- Uzbekistan (1717)
TOP 10 universities by the number of international students:
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (4528)
- Kharkiv National Medical University (3565)
- Interregional Academy of Personnel Management (3349)
- Odessa National Medical University (2652)
- Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics (2025)
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University (2004)
- Zaporizhzhya State Medical University (1977)
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University (1641)
- National University of Pharmacy (1610)
- Bogomolets National Medical University (1588)