The United States of America is the world’s third largest country in size and nearly the third largest in terms of population. Located in North America, the country is bordered on the west by the Pacific Ocean and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean. Along the northern border is Canada and the southern border is Mexico. There are 50 states and the District of Columbia.
More than twice the size of the European Union, the United States has high mountains in the West and a vast central plain. The lowest point in the country is in Death Valley which is at -282 feet (-86 meters) and the highest peak is Denali (Mt. McKinley) at 20,320 feet (6,198 meters).
Citizens over the age of 18 years old vote to elect the President and Vice President of United States every four years. The president lives in the White House in the capital city of Washington, D.C.
There are two houses of Congress: the Senate and the House of Representatives. There are 100 senators, two from each of the 50 states and each serves a six-year term. There are 435 representatives who must be elected every two years.
The Supreme Court is made up of nine justices who are picked by the president and must be approved by Congress.
For the first time in the nation’s history an African American, Barack Obama, was elected President of the United States in 2008. He was reelected for a second term in 2012. Advances in the past hundred years have established America as a world leader economically, militarily, and technologically. America has the largest coal reserves in the world.
Official name: United States of America
Form of government: Constitution-based federal republic
Capital: Washington, D.C.
Languages English, Spanish (no official national language)
Arean: 3,794,083 square miles (9,826,630 square kilometers)
Major mountain ranges: Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains
Major rivers: Mississippi, Missouri, Colorado
Work and Travel is the most popular program of international cultural exchange (more than 100 000 students every year) that allows students from different countries of the world to depart on summer vacations to the USA, Canada, Poland, Ukraine to work and travel. The Summer Work Travel program provides foreign students with an opportunity to live and work during their summer vacation from college or university to experience and to be exposed to the people and way of life in the USA, Canada, Poland, Ukraine.
Work and Travel USA – is an exchange program, authorized by the Department of Education and Culture of the US government. Its main goal – to promote international cultural exchange. Foreign students are given the opportunity to learn about the country and closely get acquainted with everyday life of ordinary Americans.
- The practice of working in another country;
- The ability to integrate into the daily life of a new culture;
- Study of spoken English;
- An opportunity to live and work in another country;(3596)
- Holidays and travel in the United States of America;(3427)
- The opportunity to earn his university studies, purchase of modern gadgets, a new journey, etc.
Requirements for a candidate
- Age 18-24;
- English knowledge at the secondary level;
- Necessarily be full-time students at the university 3-4 accreditation degrees.
What is included in the cost of the program
- Registration form DS-2019 for J-1 visa;
- Job search – jobs in the US (Job Offer);
- Medical insurance for the entire period of participation in the Program;
- Test the level of knowledge of the English language;
- Design and preparation of all documents to obtain a US visa;
- Two orientation lectures (the embassy before departure to the United States);
- Support online during your stay in the United States;
- Laundry coordination and support of the sponsoring organization in the United States;
- information brochure and guide;
- Preparation of documents for the return on arrival from America of taxes.
What is NOT included in the cost of the program
- Flight US shuttle;
- Consular fee of US Embassy;
- The SEVIS fee.
- A photocopy of the passport;
- A copy of international passport;
- Help from the university confirming student status;
- A copy of the student;
- 5×5 color photo (white background, looking forward, ears and forehead open);
- Copies of parents’ passports (1, 2 page and registration);
- Documents can be submitted in electronic form (scanned copy).
May 1 – September 1 (the most opportune time for the start of the program – mid-May).
Types of work: the most common types of jobs: waiter, assistant waiter, assistant cook, cashier, Dishwasher, dealer, a maid, an administrator, a lifesaver.
- Work in the United States only within the time frame specified in the form DS-2019;
- Do not change your own place of work;
- Leave the US territory until 9 September;
- Regular contact with representatives of the sponsoring organization;
- Follow the rules of the American company in which he is to operate;
- Comply with federal and local laws of the United States;
- Upon arrival in the United States to register with SEVIS system and get a Social Security Number.
Education in USA
Someone wants to get a quality American education, someone working in the country of endless possibilities, someone wants to visit New York, to see the statue of liberty, stroll along the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, and some live in the American dream.
Leading American universities and colleges annually occupy the first place in the ratings of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning. Among the advantages of the US education is the best teachers and researchers of the world, modern technological base, developed infrastructure campuses, the ability to earn money while studying. US development in the field of computer technology, no one doubts, Silicon Valley is just in America, as well as leading developers of advanced technologies. Graduates of American colleges – a highly paid lawyers, doctors, financiers, bankers, managers, logisticians and university professors! American education offers opportunities to carry out the most daring plans and dreams.
Free education in the USA
Today?! Free?! In USA?! It`s possible!!! There are many options and programs for which you can study for free, get a scholarship, grant or discount on tuition fees. Below, we consider the possibility that can use every student!
Almost every college, university in the US offers financial aid to foreign students. Financial іsupport is a full or partial exemption from payment of tuition fees. Financial support does not cover student accommodation or food – only to study! As a rule, financial support may receive students from disadvantaged groups, smart students who do not have funds to pay for his studies, and others. Not everybody can get financial support! Requirements and procedures for granting bailout each college determines on an individual basis! It can be from 20% to 100% exemption from payment of school.
Grant is a loan, with you don`t need to come back, from the government, private foundations and organizations. Each grant program has its own requirements, defines the requirements for the participants and the direction in which it is possible to get grants.
The most popular grant programs:
- Fulbright Foundation – provides scholarships for graduate and post-graduate students in the humanities, engineering, precision, and social disciplines. Legal, medical and economic fields, including areas such as business, marketing, management, accounting, and others. Do not take part in the preparation of Fulbright grant.
- UGRAD – cultural exchange program of the US Department of State to study at the American University undergraduate non-degree. Program duration 6 months. UGRAD cover the cost of studying at the University, housing, meals, medical insurance, visa and travel expenses! This program is available to students of 1-3 courses of national universities, which have a high level of English (TOEFL test confirmed) high achievers in major subjects, participation in volunteer activities and have leadership potential. The program requires that all students from Ukraine will not only study at US universities, but also to participate in cultural activities and volunteer programs in America!
- Opportunity Funds Program – grant program supported by the US Department of State and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. This grant a student can use to cover the cost of translation and preparation of documents for the receipt, delivery of documents, visa costs, air tickets, transportation costs, testing costs, which are associated with it. However, this grant does not cover the cost of studying at the institute / college USA!
Scholarships from the US government and other countries, organizations, universities, research scholarships, athletic scholarships, and others. Scholarships are awarded only to the best students, not all universities offer scholarships to foreign students, but also those who provide, quite a lot. Scholarships can only get students meet these requirements. The main requirement to all participants – a knowledge of the English language at a high level (100 and above – TOEFL; 6,5-7 and higher IELTS) and proof of your successes and achievements. For example, the students applying for sports scholarships must submit certificates, diplomas, medals, video, confirming participation in international and national competitions and really good results in some form of sport.